Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders.
About the Role
Reporting into our Group Treasurer, The Head of Liquidity and Funding will have overall responsibility for initiating, developing and delivering policies, strategies and plans to shape and determine effective liquidity and funding management of the Group (including Vanquis Bank).
Alongside the day-to-day management of liquidity and funding activities, the role also has a requirement to accommodate strategic changes from the Group and drive continuous improvement on all aspects of liquidity and funding. This includes developing and implementing liquidity solutions and acting as subject matter expert on liquidity, and collateral risk, from a best practice and regulatory standpoint
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Support the Treasurer in the pro-active management of the Group's liquidity and funding risks, including through the wider Group strategic planning and budgeting process.
- Develop the Group's ILAAP, leading in all relevant PRA matters, modelling the Group's liquidity and funding positions under BAU and stress.
- Lead in the implementation of the appropriate liquidity management tools, for the data capture, control, measurement, reporting and management of liquidity and funding risks.
- To define the Bank's risk appetite for liquidity and funding exposures and develop liquidity and funding policies
- Strategic preparation of Group funding plans
- Maintain PFG's target funding structure through strategies related to debt issuance (including bonds, bank loans, RCFs)
- Input into the design of the liquidity investment strategy
- Analysis of emerging trends in financial markets which will affect the Group's funding strategy.
- Assist in designing the strategy, structure and execution of specific capital markets transactions/projects and post-launch outcomes
- Proven quantitative and analytical skillset combined with an ability to manage complex transactions across several internal stakeholders and external third party advisors
- In-depth knowledge of credit and fixed income markets together with a network of key buy-side individuals
Experience and Capability:
- Highly experienced in all areas of liquidity and funding at a senior management level
- In depth knowledge and proven history of risk management and stress testing
- Proven experience in managing Individual Liquidity Adequacy and against key regulatory metrics including the LCR and NSFR.
- Must have experience with UK retail banking and deep understanding of the regulatory framework for liquidity and funding
- Experience in funding transactions (retail funding, secured, unsecured and sub-debt)
- Ability to work in a high-pressured environment, delivering practical solutions and dealing with ad-hoc requirements from start to delivery
- Ability to assess and interpret regulatory policy, and communicate impacts to their businesses, senior management and committees
- Ability to understand, analyse and assess impacts of upcoming changes to prudential regulation
- Able to manage tight deadlines and manage projects / stakeholders with multiple dependencies
Why choose a career with us?
We like to let our employees know that we appreciate their hard work by offering competitive salaries and a range of reward schemes as well as regular performance management reviews and appraisals so that you can monitor your career progress. Benefits include:
- 25 days annual holiday rising to 28 days
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Pension scheme with Company contributions
- Life assurance of up to 3x salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Colleague â€˜Perks at Workâ€™ recognition schemes
Inclusion & Diversity statement
We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way to helping us live our purpose and defines why we are here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We want to attract and retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, they are given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. We have also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
We think that if you can be yourself in the workplace, you will do your best work and enjoy being part of the team. And as a business we get to benefit from that and to celebrate all the wonderful things that diversity brings.