Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders.
About the Role
Please note this is a FTC (18 months)
Reporting into our Group Financial Controller, the Head of Management Reporting Transformation will be responsible for ensuring that the improvements to the management reporting process are identified and appropriate changes proposed to meet stakeholder requirements. Delivery of the changes will be required to be delivered by liaising with peers across Group and divisional finance teams, F,P&A, IT and risk.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Design and deliver the management reporting transformation project in line with the project plan, meeting stakeholder requirements to add value:
- Evaluate the current state management reporting and identify weaknesses.
- Scope the requirements of the management reporting transformation, liaising with key stakeholders:
- Prioritise the requirements of all stakeholders to produce a project roadmap.
- Identify systems and ensure this support with the management reporting development.
- Work with tech & change to ensure system provider is compatible with Group and divisional IT systems.
- Liaise with divisional finance tams to ensure relevant divisional KRI's are captured and reported.
- Ensure consistency in processes, formatting and output to ensure efficient reporting.
- Ensure output is tailored to meet individual stakeholder requirements if and where required for committees..
- Work with the Group management reporting manager to support delivery of ongoing improved and timely management reporting.
Experience and Capability
- Previous experience as a project manager, specifically addressing finance transformation.
- Ability to coordinate requirements from a broad range of stakeholders and ensure the project plan meets all requirements.
- Ability to understand the principles and technical details of accounting standards and explain the impact on Group financial performance.
- Able to present financial plans and complex data analysis in simplified forms in order to facilitate review and challenge and to enable senior management decision making
- Commercial awareness including knowledge of financial services sector. Able to form views and judgments about financial plans. Able to challenge plans constructively and to propose alternative recommendations
- Strong organisational skills. Able to adapt in order to meet tight deadlines . Takes ownership and pursue objectives proactively. Demonstrates rigorous attention to detail and follow up on emerging issues
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor a wide range of stakeholders who are not direct reports.
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a relaxed yet dynamic environment , you will find your opinions are valued and listened to. We offer an attractive, competitive salary and benefits package for everyone including:
- Competitive base salary and rewards
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday entitlement, which will increase with length of service.
- Pension Scheme
- Extensive opportunities for personal and career development
- Flexible and dynamic working policies
Inclusion & Diversity statement
We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way to helping us live our purpose and defines why we are here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We want to attract and retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, they are given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. We have also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
We think that if you can be yourself in the workplace, you will do your best work and enjoy being part of the team. And as a business we get to benefit from that and to celebrate all the wonderful things that diversity brings.