Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders.
About the Role
We are recruiting for a Management Reporting Manager who will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely management reporting is delivered, and continues to be developed, to inform and facilitate strategic decision making.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Understand all management reporting requirements to ensure the delivery of the financial reporting process is as efficient as possible.
- Work with the Head of management transformation to support delivery of improved management reporting.
- Ensure informative narrative is drafted and approved by those charged with governance.
- Liaise with the Senior Group finance manager and F,P&A manager to ensure trends and variances to prior periods and budgets are fully understood and communicated.
- Calculate regulatory capital resources, requirement and headroom. Liaise with Senior Treasury manager to ensure compliance with latest PRA methodology and requirements.
- Identify weaknesses in reporting processes and output and work with peers to develop improvements to processes.
- Ensure management reporting continues evolve to ensure KRIs are appropriate to report progress on the Group's strategic objectives.
- Support the delivery of the Group's Annual Report, working with the F,P&A manager and liaising with peers across the Corporate office and divisional management.
- Support the Senior Group finance manager in the delivery of the Group financial statements through analysis of notes and provision of commentary.
- Draft Board and Committee papers for the Group FC ensuring narrative is consistent with management reporting
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CA accountant. A good knowledge of IFRS accounting standards. Able to understand the principles and technical details of accounting standards and explain the impact on Group financial performance
- Able to present financial plans and complex data analysis in simplified forms in order to facilitate review and challenge and to enable senior management decision making
- Commercial awareness including knowledge of financial services sector. Able to form views and judgments about financial plans. Able to challenge plans constructively and to propose alternative recommendations
- Strong organisational skills. Able to adapt in order to meet tight deadlines . Takes ownership and pursues set objectives proactively. Demonstrates rigorous attention to detail and follows up on emerging issues
- Ability to challenge constructively, particularly at Manager level.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and to delegate responsibility to meet requirements.
- Ability to manage stakeholder requirement when working with peers who are not direct reports.
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a relaxed yet dynamic environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to. We offer an attractive, competitive salary and benefits package for everyone including:
- Competitive base salary and rewards
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday entitlement, which will increase with length of service.
- Pension scheme
- Extensive opportunities for personal and career development
- Flexible and dynamic working policies
Inclusion & Diversity statement
We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way to helping us live our purpose and defines why we are here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We want to attract and retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, they are given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. We have also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
We think that if you can be yourself in the workplace, you will do your best work and enjoy being part of the team. And as a business we get to benefit from that and to celebrate all the wonderful things that diversity brings.