Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders.
About the Role
The role of Group Financial Controls and Governance Manager will be responsible for ensuring a clear financial control framework is developed and ensuring the ongoing compliance on a Group basis.
The control framework will ensure governance is in place and understood for all financial controls and approvals. The framework ensures the Group produces and reports accurate and complete financial information through the consolidation of the equivalent divisional reporting. .
Key Responsibilities Include:
- To develop and document a detailed Group financial control framework with the objective of meeting upcoming '˜UK SOX' requirements to permit director attestations.
- Liaise with divisional control managers, and Group peers, to ensure appropriate controls are in place throughout the financial reporting process. This will ensure consolidated results can be approved in confidence of accuracy through appropriate controls processes being adopted.
- Ensure delivery of controls on a daily basis through monitoring of evidence of delivery.
- Develop a Financial Control Forum with appropriate membership to ensure monitoring and compliance with Group financial control framework.
- Ensure financial controls are consistent in all corporate requirements such as the corporate policies and GDAM.
- Monitor delivery of actions in response to internal and external audit financial reporting and control weaknesses to ensure delivery of actions on a timely basis.
- Manage implementation of BEIS financial control recommendations.
- Identify weaknesses in reporting processes and output and work with peers to develop improvement on processes.
- Ensure divisional financial reporting has been the subject of appropriate controls and governance including the review and approval where any changes are made to policies or methodology.
Experience and Capability
- Previous experience as a financial controls and governance manager who has worked within similar environments.
- An understanding of effective controls and governance frameworks adopted within the financial services industry.
- Commercial awareness, including knowledge of financial services sector. Able to form views and judgments about control frameworks adopted at a divisional level. Able to challenge plans constructively and propose alternative recommendations
- Strong organisational skills. Able to adapt in order to meet tight deadlines. Take ownership and pursue objectives proactively. Demonstrate rigorous attention to detail and follow up on emerging issues
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and to delegate responsibility to meet requirements.
- Able to work under own initiative, with minimal supervision and keep themselves updated with new accounting and reporting standards.
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in in a relaxed yet dynamic environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to. We offer an attractive, competitive salary and benefits package for everyone including:
- Competitive base salary and rewards
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday entitlement, which will increase with length of service.
- Pension Scheme
- Extensive opportunities for personal and career development
- Flexible and dynamic working policies
Inclusion & Diversity statement
We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way to helping us live our purpose and defines why we are here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We want to attract and retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, they are given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. We have also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
We think that if you can be yourself in the workplace, you will do your best work and enjoy being part of the team. And as a business we get to benefit from that and to celebrate all the wonderful things that diversity brings.