Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders.
About the Role
We are recruiting an experienced Group Technical Reporting Manager who will ensure that the Group reports technically compliant financial information. Compliance must be ensured with all technical reporting requirements including IFRS accounting standards, FRC, XBRL, TCFD and ESEF reporting requirements.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure financial reporting across the Group meets technical and legal reporting requirements.
- Ensure all changes to technical methodology is reviewed, communicated and approved prior to being adopted.
- Manage the documentation of divisional and Group accounting policies, ensuring completeness, accuracy and technical compliance.
- Ensure consolidation and approval of divisional and Group accounting policies prior to the approval of external reporting of external results.
- Analyse new accounting standards and assess impact to the Group. Ensure FLT remain educated on current and future developments where relevant to their function.
- Support divisional finance teams in the production of management papers for External audit to support the changes in accounting policies or judgements taken within the interim and full year financial reporting.
- Liaise with the Senior Group Finance manager, Group treasury, tax, Cosec and legal to capture, analyse and coordinate all planned changes in reporting requirements in both statutory entity and Group Annual Reports to ensure compliance.
- Prepare technical accounting papers to support project work to support transactions, liaising with other central functions and divisions to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Identify weaknesses in reporting processes and procedures and output, working with the Group financial controls and governance manager, to develop required improvement on processes.
Experience and Capability
- Previous experience as a technical reporting manager who has worked within similar environments in industry or practice.
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CA accountant. A good knowledge of IFRS accounting standards. Able to understand the principles and technical details of accounting standards and explain the impact on Group financial performance
- Commercial awareness, including knowledge of regulated financial services sector.
- Able to form views and judgments on the technical interpretation of financial plans. Able to challenge plans constructively and to propose alternative recommendations
- Strong organisational skills. Able to adapt in order to meet tight deadlines . Takes ownership and pursue objectives proactively. Demonstrates rigorous attention to detail and follows up on emerging issues.
- Ability to challenge constructively, particularly at Manager level.
- Able to work under own initiative, with minimal supervision and keep themselves updated with new accounting and reporting standards.
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a relaxed yet dynamic environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to. We offer an attractive, competitive salary and benefits package for everyone including:
- Competitive base salary and rewards
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday entitlement, which will increase with length of service.
- Pension Scheme
- Extensive opportunities for personal and career development
- Flexible and dynamic working policies
Inclusion & Diversity statement
We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way to helping us live our purpose and defines why we are here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We want to attract and retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, they are given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. We have also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
We think that if you can be yourself in the workplace, you will do your best work and enjoy being part of the team. And as a business we get to benefit from that and to celebrate all the wonderful things that diversity brings.