Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders.
About the Role:
We have a fantastic opportunity to join the Group Financial Planning & Analysis (GFP&A) team as a Senior Manager. You will be responsible for a small team that generates and delivers financial forecasts to the Provident Financial Group Executive Committee and Board. In addition, you will support the Group Chief Financial Officer by producing, with your team, high-quality analysis and insight into the financial performance of the Group. Furthermore, the team is deploying a new Group-wide financial planning system which will drive significant improvements to our financial planning processes. You will be very much at the heart of shaping the new platform and processes to ensure that we can provide better and more timely insight into the Group's strategic direction.
The role would suit someone who has FP&A experience within the UK Banking industry. The role, which reports to the Head of FP&A, will involve regular interaction with many stakeholders throughout the Group so the applicant will need to be a good communicator and be able to clearly explain processes and requirements across different levels.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for producing Group financial forecasts, including the annual Budget forecast, monthly rolling forecasts and stress test forecasts within the annual and interim resilience statements, the annual ICAAP and the Recovery Plan
- Responsible for managing all Group financial forecasting processes, including: producing forecast process instructions, directing and liaising with divisional Finance, Treasury, Tax and other stakeholders, coordinating the divisional forecast submissions and the subsequent consolidation into Group forecasts, liaising with Treasury in relation to Group funding plans, producing Group financial forecasts and delivering forecasts to the Group Executive Committee and Group Board for review and approval
- Responsible for documenting the key processes followed by GFP&A and for identifying material risks and key controls
- Responsible for responding to ad hoc requests for financial data, analysis and insight from the Group Chief Financial Officer and other Group stakeholders, liaising with Divisional finance teams as required
- Responsible for coordinating the monthly rolling forecast process (as part of the Group's monthly management reporting process) and for producing the Group rolling forecast each month
- Responsible for supporting the Group's monthly management reporting process; for delivering any requested analysis; and for investigating any discrepancies or unusual variances to Budget
- Responsible for coordinating the production of data and analysis to support the Group's quarterly trading updates and any other investor relations activity
- Responsible for developing and maintaining good relationships with Divisional finance teams and for improving communication within the Finance function
Experience and Capability:
- Extensive knowledge of, including previous experience working within the UK Banking sector
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CA accountant. A good knowledge and understanding of IFRS accounting standards, including IFRS9. Able to understand the principles and technical details of accounting standards and explain the impact on Group financial performance
- Strong communication skills. Able to communicate, verbally and in written documentation, with both senior and junior colleagues across the whole organisation. Able to explain complex commercial and financial issues to others
- Ability to influence and challenge constructively, particularly with other divisional finance teams, the Group Head of FP&A, the Group CFO and the Group Financial Controller
- Able to present financial plans and complex data analysis in simplified forms in order to facilitate review and challenge and to enable senior management decision making
- Commercial awareness. Able to form views and judgments about financial plans. Able to challenge plans constructively and to propose alternative recommendations
- Able to investigate and analyse complex data sets, identifying and pro-actively following up potential data and analytical issues
- Good problem solving capability. Able to identify potential solutions to analytical issues. Able to identify and implement improvements to forecasting tools and processes
- Strong organisational skills. Able to adapt in order to meet tight deadlines . Takes ownership and pursues set objectives proactively. Demonstrates rigorous attention to detail and follows up on emerging issues
Why choose a career with us?
We like to let our employees know that we appreciate their hard work by offering competitive salaries and a range of reward schemes as well as regular performance management reviews and appraisals so that you can monitor your career progress. Benefits include:
- 25 days annual holiday rising to 28 days
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Pension scheme with Company contributions
- Life assurance of up to 3x salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Colleague â€˜Perks at Workâ€™ recognition schemes
Inclusion & Diversity statement
We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way to helping us live our purpose and defines why we are here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We want to attract and retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, they are given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. We have also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
We think that if you can be yourself in the workplace, you will do your best work and enjoy being part of the team. And as a business we get to benefit from that and to celebrate all the wonderful things that diversity brings.