Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders.
About the Role:
This is a 12 month FTC (Maternity Cover)
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Group Risk Team as the Group Enterprise Risk Manager. In your role you will be responsible for supporting and challenging the first line across multiple business areas in relation to their ability to identify and mitigate risks associated with key business processes. You will help embed a risk-aware culture at all levels throughout the business to ensure that the first line make informed decisions and act in accordance with the Group Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Support and provide advice with regard to implementation of the Group Enterprise Risk Framework.
- Assist the first line in assessing risks to the objectives of key business processes; identifying and evaluating controls and taking actions to remediate weaknesses.
- Assist with the implementation and completion of the Risk & Control Self Assessment process (RCSA) in the first line.
- Support the first line in understanding and adhering to Group risk appetite.
- Assist in the design of any risk training / coaching for first line stakeholders and provide support where necessary in implementing training.
- Provide ad hoc coaching and guidance on risk management concepts and processes to a range of cross functional business areas, including Technology & Change.
- Input into projects and change initiatives in an advisory capacity to help ensure that project risks are identified early, and that control requirements are clearly specified and included as part of delivery.
- Communicate any key messages arising from the results of the work carried out to the rest of the Risk Advisory team.
Experience and Capability
- Experience in a risk management role.
- Experience of advising on RCSA work.
- Good management of stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- High standard of written and verbal communication.
- Experience of working within financial services industry.
- Experience of risk and control systems.
Why choose a career with us?
We like to let our employees know that we appreciate their hard work by offering competitive salaries and a range of reward schemes as well as regular performance management reviews and appraisals so that you can monitor your career progress. Benefits include:
â€¢ 25 days annual holiday rising to 28 days
â€¢ Discretionary annual bonus
â€¢ Pension scheme with Company contributions of up
â€¢ Life assurance of up to 3x salary
â€¢ Private Medical Insurance
â€¢ Colleague Perks at Work recognition schemes
Inclusion & Diversity statement
We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way to helping us live our purpose and defines why we are here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We want to attract and retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, they are given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. We have also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
We think that if you can be yourself in the workplace, you will do your best work and enjoy being part of the team. And as a business we get to benefit from that and to celebrate all the wonderful things that diversity brings.