Provident Financial Group (PFG) is a leading specialist bank for the millions of people in the UK who are not well served by mainstream lenders. As a business, our purpose is to help put people on a path to a better everyday life with our clear and responsible approach to lending; an approach built on over 141 years of experience.
Group Transformation is a newly established team within Provident Financial Group to deliver substantial change across the organisation. It's role is to lead the development of the activity required to meet the strategic objective of the Group. Team members come from a broad range of backgrounds & industries including professional services, financial services, investment banking, legal services, retail and IT; we all have a different story with varied backgrounds and experiences. Together, we are committed to delivering complex transformational and organisational change to make a difference at PFG.
We are currently recruiting for several Project Managers to join our growing Group Transformation team. As a Project Manager you will manage key projects within the Group portfolio, with responsibilities including the coordination and completion of projects on time, to scope and within budget.
You will oversee all aspects of project delivery, leading the project team, setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring and reporting project progress.
Key responsibilities of a Project Manager?
- Ensuring projects are delivered following the Change Delivery Framework
- Ensuring adequate governance is set up based on the project complexity level
- To successfully deliver projects on time, budget, scope that can realise expected benefits
- Working with Sponsor, Accountable Executive, and key stakeholders, support the development of the project business case, taking business and functional requirements into account when considering possible options
- Ensuring that the project is adequately planned and well structured, resolving issues and initiating corrective action where necessary
- To prepare and maintain relevant plans, including project, critical path, communication and deployment plans
- Ensuring that all risks and issues associated to the project are properly documented, reported and actively managed; proposing appropriate actions and accompanied by effective communication throughout the process
- Ensure project reports and documents are prepared and delivered on time and to high quality
What will it take to be a successful Project Manager?
- To have previously managed and led the delivery of projects against a documented and audited methodology
- Experience in preparing (under supervision) cost plans including estimates or reported costs including forecasting
- To have managed all aspects of the monitoring and control processes and implemented corrective actions
- Experience as a Project Manager, ideally within a regulated industry
- A good understanding of the project management lifecycle and the role of a Project/Programme Manager within this
- Experience of working within complex change environments, managing small to medium projects simultaneously
- Effective co-ordination of tasks including project financials, and management of inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising
- Strong knowledge and experience of Waterfall and/or Agile methodologies
Why choose PFG?
We like to let our employees know that we appreciate their hard work by offering competitive salaries and a range of reward schemes as well as regular performance management reviews and appraisals so that you can monitor your career progress. Benefits include:
- Flexible/hybrid working considered
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Life assurance of 4x salary
- Colleague Perks at Work recognition schemes
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay schemes
- 1 paid day to give back to local communities or chosen charity
Inclusion & Diversity Statement
We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers
and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way to helping us live our purpose and defines why we are here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
We are equal opportunities employer and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We want to attract & retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, they are given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. We have also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
We think that if you can Be Yourself in the workplace, you will do your best work and enjoy being part of the team and as a business we get to benefit from that and to celebrate all the wonderful things that diversity brings.