Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders.
About the Role:
Please note we are flexible on location due to adopting a hybrid way of working.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join the Group as a Model Risk Governance Manager. You will be responsible for the governance of models and model risk across the Group and the embedding of the Group Model Risk Management Framework. Managing the delivery of and ongoing enhancements to the Group's approach to managing model risk and better understanding of risks surrounding the use of models in the business..
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the embedding of the Group Model Risk Management Framework and the Group Model Risk Policy and Standards in the business and functions across the Group.
- Lead the management of and enhancements to the Group Model Inventory, engaging with all the Divisions and Functions across the Group in the identification and management of models.
- Manage the Group Model Governance Forum and the effectiveness of model governance forums across the Group.
- Lead the development and management of model risk reporting across the Group.
- Monitor adherence to the model risk policy and modelling standards and engage with business to address gaps/issues in a timely manner.
- Provide necessary training on model risk to stakeholders across the Group.
- Lead the independent reviews of material calculators and spreadsheets across the Group.
Experience and Capability:
- At least 5 years relevant analytical experience in retail financial services or banking sector.
- At least 5 years of experience in model risk governance, model validation and/or model development within retail financial services or banking sector.
- Practical understanding of model risk governance and/or model validation techniques particularly on retail credit risk, IFRS9, or IRB models.
- Knowledge of model risk management regulations and standards in the UK and EU.
- Strong communication (written and oral) and influencing skills particularly at Senior level.
- Project management experience, particularly in the delivery of model validation or development tasks.
- Experience in reviewing or validating financial calculators and/or spreadsheets.
- Proficiency in statistical programming (e.g. SAS, Python).
- Experience in developing or validating models for sub-prime lending.
Why choose a career with us?
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options.
We offer an attractive, competitive salary and benefits package for everyone including:
- Competitive base salary & rewards
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday entitlement (could increase with Length of service)
- Pension Scheme
- Extensive opportunities for personal & career development
- Flexible and dynamic working policies
Inclusion & Diversity statement
We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way to helping us live our purpose and defines why we are here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We want to attract and retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, they are given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. We have also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
We think that if you can be yourself in the workplace, you will do your best work and enjoy being part of the team. And as a business we get to benefit from that and to celebrate all the wonderful things that diversity brings.