Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders.
About the Role:
We require an experienced Lead Data Architect to help develop and implement our company's data architecture and strategy. You will play a key strategic role in building out the group-wide data strategy, evaluating, and assessing our assets, tools and models, to ensure they are utilised efficiently, and helping drive the organisation towards realising the value we can derive from the use of data, and aligning our data architecture to enable the delivery of the business strategy and goals, and that our data governance policy and framework is applied.
This new role, reporting to the Group Chief Architect, establishes the Data domain within the Architecture team, and the role holder will need to provide thought leadership and build out the associated architectural artefacts and approaches. The role will focus on providing solutions for data orientated projects and defining, developing, and promoting the Data Architecture strategy and roadmap, working closely with colleagues across Architecture, and wider IT and Data teams, particularly Data Engineering, Data Analysts and Data Governance.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead and line-manage the data domain architecture team ensuring consistency and alignment with our long-term business objectives and architecture principles.
- Drive the strategic direction of the Groups Data Architecture and define technical direction and roadmaps for data architectural maturity.
- Create, optimise, and maintain conceptual and logical database models across our data estate.
- Set standards for data modelling and design tools and techniques, providing guidance on their application, and ensuring standards compliance.
- Support collaboration with the Data Governance function to deliver a robust governance framework, delivering appropriate ownership, controls, and standards to protect the organisation's data.
- Adapt to cloud-first methodology for all upcoming data related requirements/solutions.
- Build effective relationships with senior technical colleagues so that there is a common understanding of goals and challenges.
- Be the SME in the provision of advice and guidance to other Architect domain teams and IT colleagues generally, regarding using the data structures and associated components.
Experience and Capability
- Detailed practical knowledge of Enterprise Data architecture
- Strong communication skills and ability to translate complex technical topics to senior stakeholders.
- Experience of leading large complex cross domain Data strategy and cross product designs.
- Great aptitude and experience in managing teams.
- Ability to introduce latest industry improvements of architecture standards, principles, and solutions available in the data space.
- Up to date demonstratable working knowledge of Microsoft Azure data capabilities and Cloud technologies.
- Experience in creating Enterprise Reference Data Architecture.
- Experience in defining standard enterprise data management and enterprise data architecture processes and deliverables.
- Strong ability to collaborate with the business and with technical SMEs, its applications, solutions, and with technical architects to understand the implications of respective architectures on data architecture and to maximise the value of information across the organisation.
- Embraces and drives a continuous learning culture where the development of new skills and knowledge is paramount to success.
- Sound knowledge of risk assessment change management, configuration management, reliability and safety/security methods and the use of metrics.
- Ability to assess and quantify the risks associated with their design decisions.
- Qualifications in Architecture frameworks and standards e.g. TOGAF
Why choose a career with us?
We like to let our employees know that we appreciate their hard work by offering competitive salaries and a range of reward schemes as well as regular performance management reviews and appraisals so that you can monitor your career progress. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salary & rewards
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday entitlement (could increase with Length of service)
- Pension Scheme
- Extensive opportunities for personal & career development
- Flexible and dynamic working policies
Inclusion & Diversity statement
We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way to helping us live our purpose and defines why we are here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We want to attract and retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, they are given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. We have also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
We think that if you can be yourself in the workplace, you will do your best work and enjoy being part of the team. And as a business we get to benefit from that and to celebrate all the wonderful things that diversity brings.