We're PFG '“ A leading specialist bank and a FTSE 250 company who are one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders. Our core brands are Vanquis Bank and Moneybarn.
What's the opportunity?
We have an opportunity for a Treasury Business Partner to join our Treasury Finance function who will use their detailed knowledge of production of management information to work with the respective corporate office functions to enhance treasury MI and analysis across the Group to support improved decision making and understanding of long term and sustainable value creation.
The role holder will enhance the provision of financial analysis and commercial insight with respect to treasury risks, develop the existing MI output to a standardised MI pack for reporting to the Group and Bank Assets and Liabilities Committee (ALCO), and promote a culture of accurate, timely and well-controlled data.
Key Responsibilities of a Treasury Business Partner:
- Work closely with colleagues in Treasury and Group to develop the management information output to produce a standardised MI pack for reporting to the Assets and Liabilities Committee (ALCO).
- Manage the production of the monthly reporting pack to the ALCO, creating the Group Treasurer's report and organising the updates from Liquidity, Funding, ALM and Capital as well as any papers due to be presented in accordance with the actions log
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with the finance teams and with the business divisions to co-ordinate contact with Treasury and enhance the understanding of Treasury's responsibilities and operations throughout the Group.
- Provide accounting and regulatory reporting advice for Treasury activities to support compliance with current requirements and planned changes.
- Manage Treasury's inputs to the Group's planning and budgeting processes for FP&A, ensuring the information provided is consistent, accurate and complete.
- Monitor the Group's performance to plan and discuss variances with FP&A to provide insight to Treasury colleagues.
- Manage the production of all internal reporting for Treasury activities.
- Collation of the risk appetite dashboards for Treasury to report to Risk Committee.
- Maintain specialist knowledge by monitoring developments in regulatory reporting and financial reporting requirements.
- Practical experience of governance and controls (relating to capital and liquidity).
- Qualified accountant with relevant post qualified experience in industry or practice.
- Strong ability to build trust and influence at senior management level.
- Ability to work independently to deliver to deadlines.
- Strong written/oral communication skills across colleagues at all level and an ability to explain complex information/regulation in an understandable way.
- Ability to influence and constructively challenge management or colleague views.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly proficient in Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
- Experience with governance and risk management frameworks and systems and controls supporting prudential regulatory requirement.
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
- Competitive base salary and rewards
- Discretionary annual bonus
- 25 days annual leave entitlement (increasing with length of service)
- Pension Scheme with company contributions
- Private Medical Insurance
- Extensive opportunities for personal and career development
- Flexible and dynamic working policies
- Colleague Perks at Work discount platform
- Hybrid working considered
We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way to helping us live our purpose and defines why we are here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We want to attract and retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, they are given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. We have also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
We think that if you can Be Yourself in the workplace, you will do your best work and enjoy being part of the team and as a business we get to benefit from that and to celebrate all the wonderful things that diversity brings.