Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders.
About the Role:
This role is a key senior position within the Group Company Secretarial team. Reporting to the Deputy Company Secretary, you will be responsible for supporting the team with the provision of a dynamic, professional and efficient company secretarial service to Provident Financial plc and the wider Provident Financial Group.
The role carries significant Board-level exposure and you will also be responsible for the day-to-day line management of a more junior member of the team. This is a high profile role which requires effective stakeholder management across all levels of the organisation and good working knowledge of company law, Listing Rules, UK MAR and governance requirements.
Key Responsibilities Include:
PFG Board and Committee Meetings
- Act as Secretary to the Audit Committee and Remuneration Committee (and other Committees as agreed): working with the Committee Chair to ensure effective agenda planning; provision of governance advice; issuing papers; and minuting meetings.
- Champion high quality Board reporting and collate reports and papers for Board/Committee meetings Deliver Board reporting training as required. Prepare reports on behalf of Group Company Secretariat on governance matters.
- Operate and assist in maintaining the Diligent company secretarial software.
Annual Report and AGM:
- Lead on the preparation of the Governance Report, s.172 statement and Directors' Report sections of the Annual Report, including: identifying best practice and reporting requirement changes, and working with the Deputy Company Secretary to ensure the Group delivers against these; acting as the department's representative in the Annual Report working group; and coordinating the contributions of the wider Group Company Secretarial team.
- Lead on the drafting of the Notice of AGM and associated shareholder documents.
- Working with the Deputy Company Secretary to arrange and coordinate the AGM meeting.
- Lead on the engagement with Proxy Advisory bodies and respond to their reports on the Company's AGM.
Corporate Governance and Listing Rules:
- Play a leading role in the adherence to best practice corporate governance requirements and the provision of governance advice, particularly in relation to the UK Corporate Governance Code, advising Group Directors and Senior management.
- Support the ongoing work to ensure the effectiveness of the Group's corporate governance framework.
- Supporting compliance with the Listing Rules, including through issuing stock exchange announcements.
- Support the annual Board effectiveness evaluation process.
Share Schemes and UK MAR:
- Play a leading role in the administration of the Company's executive share schemes, including day-to-day management of grants and vesting's and building relationships with stakeholders and suppliers.
- In conjunction with other team members, ensure the company's all-employee share schemes are operated effectively and efficiently.
- Play leading role in Group's obligations under UK MAR, ensuring appropriate processes are followed, closed period notices are issued, share dealing permission is granted and appropriate action taken around price sensitive information.
Experience and Capability:
- Preferably, 4 years of previous experience of having worked in a FTSE 100/250 or AIM listed PLC Secretariat function, ideally in a fast paced business.
- Good working knowledge of company law, Listing Rules, UK MAR and governance requirements.
- The ideal candidate will have experience of administering share schemes.
- Experience of drafting Governance Report and/or other Annual Report content.
- Experience in AGM arrangement or running.
- Comfortable with working and liaising with all levels of seniority. The ability to engage and influence, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to prioritise and multi task.
Why choose a career with us?
We like to let our employees know that we appreciate their hard work by offering competitive salaries and a range of reward schemes as well as regular performance management reviews and appraisals so that you can monitor your career progress. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salary & rewards
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday entitlement (increases with length of service)
- Pension scheme
- Extensive opportunities for personal and career development
- Flexible and dynamic working policies
Inclusion & Diversity statement
We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way to helping us live our purpose and defines why we are here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We want to attract and retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, they are given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. We have also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
We think that if you can be yourself in the workplace, you will do your best work and enjoy being part of the team. And as a business we get to benefit from that and to celebrate all the wonderful things that diversity brings.