Provident Financial Group (PFG) is a leading specialist bank for the millions of people in the UK who are not well served by mainstream lenders. As a business, our purpose is to help put people on a path to a better everyday life with our clear and responsible approach to lending; an approach built on over 141 years of experience.
Group Transformation is a newly established team within Provident Financial Group to deliver substantial change across the organisation. It's role is to lead the development of the activity required to meet the strategic objective of the Group. Team members come from a broad range of backgrounds & industries including professional services, financial services, investment banking, legal services, retail and IT; we all have a different story with varied backgrounds and experiences. Together, we are committed to delivering complex transformational and organisational change to make a difference at PFG.
What's the Opportunity?
We are currently recruiting for several Business Analysts to join our growing Group Transformation team.
Our Business Analysts help to plan for the future in line with our goals. This includes undertaking analysis, documenting and managing business requirements throughout the discovery and delivery lifecycle and ensuring traceability of agreed requirements through delivery of new processes and/or system solutions.
Joining as a Business Analyst you will contribute to the delivery of key projects or programmes, while also contributing towards the continuous improvement and development of the Business Analysis practice.
Key responsibilities of a Business Analyst?
- Establish an in depth understanding of the reasons to progress a particular change, and the impacts including critical success factors
- Clearly define and understand the impact of change to the business and its key stakeholders
- To review and analyse existing business documentation, processes, tasks and workflow information
- Conduct interviews, workshops, surveys and site visits with stakeholders, projects teams and relevant business areas to elicit requirements (Business, functional and non-functional)
- Perform gap analysis using '˜as is' and '˜to be' process modelling to determine requirements
- Manage business requirements and ensure full traceability
- Critically evaluate information gathered from different sources to reconcile any conflicts and work with Stakeholders to achieve resolution
- Support development and testing, including UAT and assisting successful implementation of the change
What will it take to be a successful Business Analyst?
- Experience in managing the requirements through the full lifecycle of a project from discovery to delivery with a strong analytical ability..
- Experience of working with the project team, facilitating triage of UAT, supporting business readiness activities including workshop facilitation
- Proven experience as a Business Analyst, ideally within a regulated industry
- Experience as a Business Analyst in the Project Delivery lifecycle from elicitation of requirements through to supporting business readiness activities, within a well governed environment
- Significant experience of working within complex change environments using Business Analysis frameworks, business processes management and business requirements.
- Experience of different delivery methodologies including Prince2 and / or Agile / Scrum and able to adapt your analysis accordingly.
- Experience of working with standard Microsoft Office applications and is proficient in the use of MS VISIO (or similar software) to undertake analysis modelling
Why choose PFG?
We like to let our employees know that we appreciate their hard work by offering competitive salaries and a range of reward schemes as well as regular performance management reviews and appraisals so that you can monitor your career progress. Benefits include:
- Flexible/hybrid working considered
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Life assurance of 4x salary
- Private Medical and Permanent Health Insurance
- Colleague Perks at Work recognition schemes
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay schemes
- 1 paid day to give back to local communities or chosen charity
Inclusion & Diversity Statement
We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way to helping us live our purpose and defines why we are here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We want to attract and retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, they are given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. We have also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
We think that if you can Be Yourself in the workplace, you will do your best work and enjoy being part of the team and as a business we get to benefit from that and to celebrate all the wonderful things that diversity brings.