About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a key enabler in transitioning PFG from traditional BI and data processes in to future state, real-time data capture; data housing and exploitation through future cloud technologies whilst also improving operational support within database technology.
- Service Improvement - Continually improve and build a customer service ethos, develop, document and maintain support processes, procedures and solutions.
- Incident Management - Own and resolve incidents assigned to team and own queue, adhering to the Database Applications Services processes, cover 24/7 shift patterns as per the company policy and procedures.
- Release Management '“ Work with other teams within IT to release and implement new release into the live environment, Take responsibility for Operational Acceptance Testing of releases assigned to team and own queue, adhering to the Database Applications Services processes.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong stakeholder management, influencing and strategic delivery skills.
- In depth knowledge of managing data environments.
- Operational database knowledge (SQL Server full stack).
- Strong T-SQL scripting skills.
- Expert understanding of Relational Database Management Systems.
- Developing and Administration of Microsoft SQL Server Databases.
- SSRS and SSIS development and deployment skills.
- Detailed knowledge of Powershell.
- Knowledge of networking, storage, software installation and management, and Microsoft Windows Server operating systems.
- Advanced experience of incident, problem, change and release processes.
- Advanced experience of working in an IT service support environment.
- Experience of Service Management tools that incorporate Incident, Problem, Change Management Processes.
- MCSA 70-461 Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- MCSA 70-462 Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) to at least foundation level
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service.
- Up to 7% annual profit bonus.
- Onsite Gym - Provident have joined with Nuffield Health. Weekly classes are held throughout the day and pre 09:00 and post 17:00, you can attend anything from Spinning to Pilates to Boxercise.
Plus pension and a whole range of other benefits besides.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion EDI
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard NES. The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.
Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UKâ€™s leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders. The Provident Financial Group is made up of Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Vanquis Bank, Cheque Exchange and Moneybarn.