|Provident have been proudly serving customers since 1880, and while a lot has changed since then, one thing hasn't '¦.. We still put our customers first in everything we do. We pride ourselves on being a trusted lender, serving our customers in their own homes, offering suitable affordable loans with manageable repayments.|
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in our HR Payroll and HR Admin teams as Payroll and HR Admin Team Leader - Reporting to the HR Administration and Payroll Manager you will provide support the business by leading the Payroll and HR Administration teams ensuring delivery of a high class service and ensure the teams maintain accurate colleague records on the HR and Payroll systems.
Key responsibilities in this role are;
- Supervise the daily activities of the Payroll and HR Admin teams in line with agreed SLA's.
- Lead, coach, motivate and develop a team of Payroll and HR Administrators to deliver a high quality operational service.
- Ensure accurate HR records and Payroll payments are made to all colleagues.
- Responsible for the management and delivery of all aspects of payroll.
- Transact complex Payroll queries.
- Manage monthly SAYE/BAYE/PAYE/NIC/Pension and 3rd Party Contribution Processes.
- Oversee the payments of OSP/SSP whilst adhering to company processes and governance.
- Contribute to ad hoc projects as required.
- Lead and manage the reconciliation of the monthly Payrolls and Bank accounts.
- Reconcile and manage the Tax Year end processes.
- Transact and manage Real Time Information.
- Manage monthly Auto Enrolment processes.
- Identify risks and provide solutions, balancing risk and business needs.
- Provides operational and Payroll specialist knowledge and uses this to drive continuous improvement.
- Review administrative processes and identify and implement improvements.
- Provide feedback and maintain regular contact with key stakeholders.
As a minimum the following experience/qualifications are essential;
- A good sound current knowledge and experience of UK payroll legislation.
- You must bÃ© Ã specialist in Payroll or experience as a Payroll Manager/Team Leader in a busy office environment.
- Strong knowledge of a Payroll Year End reconciliation process.
- Understands and demonstrates principles of excellent customer service.
- Ability to influence and challenge constructively at all levels.
- Proven track record of service delivery.
- Able to work under own initiative, with minimal supervision.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- Ability to work flexibly and under pressure.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Software applications.
Reward and benefits
In return we offer a basic salary up to Â£35,000 depending on experience, Discretionary Bonus + benefits which include 25 days holiday growing to 28 after 5 full years of service, NEST Pension and Life Assurance. Save as You Earn (SAYE) and Buy as You Earn (BAYE) share schemes are also available after 6 months of service.
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES). The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.