A fantastic opportunity has arisen as a Marketing Analyst within our Bradford head office'“ You will be responsible for supporting the implementation and maintenance of the customer contact strategy. The role will include supporting the management with the customer contact strategy and their effectiveness. The role requires supporting the maintenance and development of contact strategy processes that allows the business to attract and retain a profitable customer base.
Key responsibilities in this role are;
- You will Support the delivery of a strategic initiatives
- Provide analysis to support contact strategy to drive performance of marketing activity
- Identify solutions to enhance and develop contact strategies processes to ensure effectiveness and efficiencies
- Support the delivery of contact strategy deliverables, working with other members and stakeholders within the business '“ this involves running existing SQL scripts and SSIS packages and producing outputs i.e. SQL tables, Mailing files (csv, excel)
- Inputting strategies within the contact strategy system '“ this will include writing or amending SQL scripts, building SSIS packages or whichever method of delivery is required
- Assisting with the delivery of regular management information to identify trends and root cause to make contact strategy as effective and efficient as possible.
- Ability to understand and analyse data
- Ability to present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Knowledge of customer life cycle
- Able to work under own initiative, with minimal supervision
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Data analysis Experience
- Use of SAS / SQL and large datasets
- Familiarity with MI production and reporting
- Familiarity with automating processes through design, maintenance and strategy development
Reward and benefits
In return we offer a basic salary of up to Â£28,800 depending on experience, Discretionary Bonus + benefits which include 25 days holiday growing to 28 after 5 full years of service, NEST pension and life assurance. Save as You Earn (SAYE) and Buy as You Earn (BAYE) share schemes also available after 6 months of service.
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES). The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.