Provident have been proudly serving customers since 1880, and while a lot has changed since then, one thing hasn't '¦.. We still put our customers first in everything we do. We pride ourselves on being a trusted lender, serving our customers in their own homes, offering suitable affordable loans with manageable repayments.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen as a Decision Science Analyst working from our Bradford head office- you will be responsible for supporting the development, validation and maintenance of credit risk scorecards across all Provident Financial product lines. The role will include supporting with the scorecard implementation, cut-off strategies, oversight of scorecard monitoring, and related recommendations regarding scorecard re-alignment or re-development.
Key responsibilities in this role are;
- Support the development of credit risk scoring and underwriting models across all product lines
- Respond to ad-hoc analysis requests from the business functions
- Support the development and monitoring of champion/challenger strategies
- Support the development of next generation tools to reduce scorecard development time without degrading benchmark performance
- Support the development of behavioural scoring models to enhance collection and borrower retention strategies
- Work with the data team to ensure that data is fit for purpose, optimized for analytical work, and new data sources are integrated
- Work with Analytics teams in support of appropriate cut-off strategies
- Support scorecard monitoring by analysing and interpreting KPIs from monitoring reports to ensure discriminatory power, stability, and accuracy is within tolerance limits
- Liaise with business stakeholders to understand modelling requirements, and provide direction and oversight on model use
Experience and Capability
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels in an organisation
- Ability to influence and challenge constructively
- Able to work under own initiative as well as in a group
- Strategic thinker with rigorous attention to detail
- Experience or training in statistical modelling techniques and good understanding of how to use statistical techniques to produce insight
- Programming ability in SAS or alternative scorecard development tools
- Familiar MS Office package
- Skills and ability to communicate complex analytic results in a clear and concise manner
- Fluent in verbal and written business English
- Experience in credit scoring and other statistical modelling techniques
- Experience with Marketing and/or Collections models
- Experience as a scorecard developer who has worked within the Credit Risk function or similar environments
- Knowledge and experience in scorecard monitoring procedures
- Experience in working with large data sets
- Familiar with SQL
Reward and benefits
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience, Discretionary Bonus + benefits which include 25 days holiday growing to 28 after 5 full years of service, NEST pension and life assurance. Save as You Earn (SAYE) and Buy as You Earn (BAYE) share schemes also available after 6 months of service.
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES). The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.