A fantastic opportunity has arisen as a Credit Systems Senior Manager working within our Bradford head office- Working as part of the Provident Financial Group you will be responsible for assisting the Head of Credit Management & Decision Science, in supporting and managing existing decision systems, including operational maintenance development and implementation of new systems, implementation and maintenance of the decisioning strategy. The role will include oversight and management of decision systems including testing, monitoring and system related documentation, implementation of credit strategy, credit risk controls and compliance along with risk appetite and impairment management.
Key responsibilities in this role are;
- Responsible for ensuring colleagues have a clear understanding of the business objectives and how their role contributes to them
- Lead, engage and motivate the Credit Systems team to deliver business objectives
- Build capability of team by supporting and coaching through effective performance management practices
- Provide regular and timely feedback to team members
- Effectively communicate with Head of Function to provide feedback on potential succession plans and team performance
- Manage day to day activity and delegate workload so that it is distributed appropriately
- Establish productive relationships with the IT change and delivery team to ensure we support the CCD requirement for continuous improvement through a change cycle.
- Manage the delivery of all Credit System changes through to live '“ by working closely with Decision Science and the Analytic teams.
- Ensure work is delivered in line with SLAs and agreed targets
- Ensure business policy and processes reflect current practices and are adhered to
- Provides operational and specialist insight to drive continuous improvement
- Identify risks and provide proposals for potential solutions, balancing risk with business needs
- Ensure all changes to systems are fully documented and systems documentation is up to date
- Manage the relationship with Credit Reference Agencies to ensure new products conform to reciprocity principles.
- Ensure all changes to Decisioning strategies are fully documented and systems documentation is up to date
Provides operational and specialist insight to drive continuous improvement
- Previous experience as a Manager who has worked within the Credit Management function or similar environments
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels in an organisation
- Ability to influence and challenge constructively, particularly at Head of Function level
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor a team
- Able to delegate responsibility
- Able to work under own initiative, with minimal supervision
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Knowledge of Credit Risk life cycle
- Use of Credit tools and Portfolio Management
- Defining and proposing improvements in business strategies, processes or systems.
- Understand the requirements of an FCA regulated business
Reward and benefits
In return we offer a competitive salary between Â£50,000-Â£60,000 depending on experience, car allowance, Discretionary Bonus + benefits which include 25 days holiday growing to 28 after 5 full years of service, NEST pension and life assurance. Save as You Earn (SAYE) and Buy as You Earn (BAYE) share schemes also available after 6 months of service.
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES). The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.