A fantastic opportunity has arisen within our IT Delivery team based at our Bradford Head Office for an Incident & Problem Manager. You will manage high priority incidents and problems with a view to restoring normal service as quickly as possible with the aim to minimise the impact to the business. You will drive activities required to identify and implement appropriate work arounds to restore service, investigations and analysis to discover root causes and ensuring changes are raised to permanently fix the root causes, ensuring that the best possible levels of service quality and availability are maintained. You will be undertaking analysis of lower priority incidents with a view to implementing solutions to reduce volumes overall and work with operational resolver groups to prevent incidents through pro-active problem management activities.
- Engage and lead the relevant resolver groups required to work through major incidents and problems to restore service as quickly as possible.
- Drive activities in the Service Improvement Plan for incident and Problem Management.
- Ensure quality of Known Error records and the Knowledge Database.
- Drive Root Cause Analysis with technical experts and Service Delivery Managers.
- Ensure all necessary reports are delivered to deadlines.
- Escalation to resolver groups where tickets are approaching 75% SLA '“ Review why SLAs are missed and capture repeatable missed SLAs.
- Escalation to team managers where tickets are out of or approaching SLA with escalation to the loggers and resolvers via the team leader.
- Provide feedback on the quality of Incidents to both Service Desk and the Resolver Groups, trend the quality of the ticket and the quality of the SLA setting and contribute to the PWG.
- Agree, co-ordinate and ensure appropriate communication updates go out in relation to ongoing high priority incidents and problems, against agreed timescales.
- Ensure work is delivered in line with SLAs and agreed targets.
- Monitor open call queues across the department and ensure that they progressing within and between teams. Prioritise open incidents according to both SLA timescales and appropriate business need.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as An incident and/or problem manager who has worked within the a financial or large scale enterprise environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels in an organisation
- Ability to influence and challenge constructively, particularly at senior level
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor a team
- Able to delegate responsibility
- Able to work under own initiative, with minimal supervision
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Strong ITIL knowledge or experience
- Understanding of technical principals
- Strong relationship management
- Understand the requirements of an FCA regulated business
- Technical knowledge
- Supplier Management
- Stakeholder Management
- ITIL Practitioner incident and/or problem management
- Understanding of other ITIL disciplines within a commercial environment
- Ability to co-ordinate IT diverse resolver groups to restore service impacting issues.
- Understanding of service level management.
- ITIL Intermediate
- Programme / Project Management
- ITIL Foundation
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service.
- Up to 7% annual profit bonus.
- Onsite Gym - Provident have joined with Nuffield Health. Weekly classes are held throughout the day and pre 09:00 and post 17:00, you can attend anything from Spinning to Pilates to Boxercise.
Plus pension and a whole range of other benefits besides.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion EDI
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard NES. The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.
Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UKâ€™s leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders. The Provident Financial Group is made up of Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Vanquis Bank, Cheque Exchange and Moneybarn.