Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders. The Provident Financial Group is made up of Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Vanquis Bank, Cheque Exchange and Moneybarn.
In this varied role you will lead analytical projects and work with the Analytics Manager to manage credit strategy and portfolio analytics. You will also operate as an analytical support function to field operations, marketing and product development. This role ensures that we are driving profitable growth through robust insight and analysis; adhering to the portfolio credit policy and the groups risk appetite for the home credit portfolio.
- Assist with the Development of measures and reporting systems to monitor the financial performance and risks associated with the business model.
- Adhere to the group's risk appetite, highlight opportunities for growth and ensure available actions are articulated clearly to the right audience.
- Support the risk management activities of the home credit business.
- Supporting the credit & analysis team to provide data driven intelligence to enhance end-to-end lending strategy, collections, recoveries and marketing.
- Generate actionable analysis to understand, manage and enhance the end-to-end account lifecycle.
- Provide analytical support to different business functions and ensure insights are translated into actionable activity.
- Support field operational performance through analytical insight, segmentation and modelling of agent and customer behaviour.
- Comply with policies, procedures and external regulatory frameworks.
- Work closely with other teams to ensure profitability insights are translated into actionable activity.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Significant analytical credit risk experience with a range of data mining tools and large volumes of data.
- Exceptional quantitative skills, with a strong foundation in, or significant exposure to, credit analytics and portfolio management.
- Understanding of Credit Risk management and implementation and monitoring of scorecards and other risk models.
- Ability to manipulate complex datasets.
- Ability to interpret complex performance data; identify and deliver priority actions; evaluate the impact and risks of change.
- Strategic thinker with outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to influence and challenge constructively.
- Ability to recognise an issue or opportunity, propose a range of solutions, make well-reasoned recommendations for action and effectively present them to all levels.
- Ability to communicate complex analytical findings to a non-technical audience.
- Experience of working in a dynamic, fast-paced and quickly evolving environment.
- Microsoft Office and other corporate tools
- Adequate knowledge of SQL/ SAS, Decision Tree Software, other technical analytic tools.
- Experience in Credit Management and Risk Models.
- Experience with the use of non-traditional data sources for underwriting and analytics.
- A Degree or equivalent in a highly numerate/ analytical subject (e.g. statistics, mathematics, econometrics.)
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service.
- Up to 7% annual profit bonus.
- Onsite Gym - Provident have joined with Nuffield Health. Weekly classes are held throughout the day and pre 09:00 and post 17:00, you can attend anything from Spinning to Pilates to Boxercise.
Plus pension and a whole range of other benefits besides.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion EDI
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard NES. The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.